Sarah Mason Photography Header

Saturday 15 June 2013

There's Something In The Woodshed

It was a great day down at Hardcastle Crags yesterday.  I was running one of my photography workshops for the National Trust.  I always get so much out of these days and it's great to meet folk who are passionate about their photography.  You can read a little more about the workshops here.

I was eagerly watching weather reports during the week and asked people to bring their waterproofs as it looked like we might get a bit of rain (well we are in a valley in West Yorkshire!)  We have a few practicals during the day.  For the last session, the lovely folk down at Hardcastle Crags gave me the keys to the treasure trove that is the woodshed.  It was tipping down outside, so I think we were all relieved we had a new place to discover that had a roof!  It was such an amazing little space.  Even though it was raining outside, the sun was still managing to break through, and we were treated to little pools of light.


Andrew, who was on my workshop, was gently persuaded to sit in a little pool of light for a photo.




Beauty in the simple things.  I am now hoping they might let me back in there for a shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment